Welcome to Kind Mind Community, the Recovery College for South Tyneside
We are Kind Mind Community and we are here for you. So really this page should read ‘About You’, because that’s what is most important to us.
With the support of our team, our volunteers, peer support workers and fellow students and participants, we help you to focus on your own wellbeing and mental health.
We have hubs around South Tyneside where our activities take place; and hopefully there’s one near you. If not, we are very active on Zoom, so you can join any of our indoor courses online.
Mental health recovery means different things to each individual. It is your own journey towards living the life you want and we hope to be involved in supporting you on your way.
So, enough about us! What about you?
- Well all we ask is that you are aged 16 or over to enrol.
- You certainly don’t need to have a mental illness or diagnosis. Many of our students are here because they have an interest in their overall wellbeing or getting involved with their community
- You don’t need qualifications to join us or be on benefits, the college is open to everyone.
- Don’t worry if you’re anxious about joining in – a lot of people are but we are very friendly. In fact, we even have an Anxiety Management course that may help you.
What can we offer you?
- Peer support – support for and by people who have lived experience of mental health and other issues and can really understand what you’re going through
- The opportunity to be part of a positive happy environment, making a difference to your everyday life
- Courses, ranging from Anxiety Management to Mindful Photography Walks
- Social groups and drop-ins aimed at supporting you to make friends and be around others
- Volunteering opportunities such as helping out with groups and activities or supporting our students. We also have a course to help you get started, Peer Mentor Course
All our activities are free of charge.
So, what are you waiting for? Why not make 2022 the year for you?
Get in touch by calling 0191 217 2935 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or popping into our weekly Drop in at Jarrow Focus (Phab Club entrance) Fridays at 12 noon for a chat.