Blue Monday….No More
Monday 17th January- the most depressing day of the year apparently. The festive season is over, that early Christmas pay is now withering away (if it hasn’t already), and all those unrealistic new year’s resolutions have been well and truly been shelved right alongside those size 10 gym pants you swore you were going to fit into and the long list of to-dos dating back to 2019.
Let’s change this pattern we slip into every year, make blue Monday no more! Let’s let the world in instead of shutting it out, lets reach out instead of bottling up. Do ONE thing, just one thing that you wouldn’t normally do, whether it be a 10-minute walk in the fresh and crisp January air, calling that friend you’ve been meaning to check in on that you’ve been putting off, or sorting out that dreaded cupboard that you haven’t seen the floor of since you moved in. No matter how big or small it seems, if it’s an achievement for you, it counts.
Here are some more great examples of things you can do to make blue Monday no more:
- Start that book you’ve wanted to read.
- Have a self-care day, wash your hair, shave your face, moisturize your skin- anything that makes you feel good.
- Make a meal from that cookbook that you’ve never tried but always wanted to.
- Grab a cuppa and a piece of cake with your favorite person, whether it be face to face or over zoom.
- Sign up for that group you’ve been thinking about joining.
- Reach out for help if you’re struggling.
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY…………………Be kind to yourself, you’ve made it this far, you can make it one more!